Joy is portable, bring it with you. Life gets busy. It’s easy to forget our own happiness, when we’re rushing through the tasks that need tending to, each and every day.
It doesn’t take much to keep our spirits happy and full of joy… make choices that make your heart sing, today!
Hey, guess what? Joyful Outcomes is now on Instagram:
Follow and support an INSPIRING and AWESOME new page.
Happy New Year from Joyful Jo!
A few tips and tricks (and inspiring photography) to help guide you through your best year yet!
1. Dedicate one day per month to passion projects. Imagine, 1-11 hours or more, every month – towards goals that excite you.
2. Do something you’ve never done before.
3. Go somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit. A day trip up the coast? Perhaps, an African Safari?
4. Invest $100 or more toward something that helps improve your design projects and work flow.
5. Create a wishlist of 10-12 tasks/dreams/goals – you’d love to accomplish within the next 12 months. Put your list up on the fridge, or on your bathroom mirror.
6. Commit to learning something new. A weekend workshop? A new diploma?
7. Acknowledge your accomplishments. Reward yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back and reflect on all you’ve achieved up to this point.
8. Give back, share the wealth, and pay it forward. It’s easy to forget how lucky we are to know what we know.
9. Visualize your future – make a conscious effort each week (each day is even better), to picture your life a few years down the road … even just 6 months or 1 – 2 years, creates more clarity.
10. Accept who you are and find your uniqueness. Be the you, you were born to be!
11. Make an outrageous wish! One crazy and close to impossible wish. Imagine what would happen and how your life would look like, if this wish came true.
12. Be a tourist in your own town. Visit a museum or art gallery. Go sightseeing. Why not?
13. Turn your phone off for A WHOLE DAY. I dare ya …
14. Invest 5% more than you did last year.
15. Volunteer your time 5% more than you did last year. Imagine what the world would look like, if everybody cared just a little bit more.
16. Re-arrange all the furniture in at least one room of your house.
17. Create something for the future.
Written and edited by Jo Martinez.
To stay in touch with Jo, visit:
Take time to breathe, daily. Your tasks will still be here tomorrow, but you, may not…
Every day we are bombarded by work, requirements, obligations, social media, expectations, advertisements, and the list goes on and on and on.
The opposite of good health is what? Illness and sickness (heart attacks, strokes, and, and, and). Now, more so than ever, we really need to take time out – every day – even if only for five minutes.
By making room in our daily lives to just be for five to twenty minutes per day, by taking time to better ourselves, every day – results in extending our lifespan. We reduce stress levels, anxiety dissipates, we promote good health – all around, and believe it or not – we are better able to be there for others, too.
How does that saying go? “Take time to smell the roses…”