Some inspiration for your day!
THERE IS ALWAYS A GREY AREA…
Black and white, it’s a given.
What we need to remember though, is, with black and white, also comes grey.
To be the best we can be, we must learn to live in the grey areas of life. This is where we gain strength, insights, wisdom, and authenticity.
Living in the grey area, is, where we become the masterS of our own lives.
Happy New Year from Joyful Jo!
A few tips and tricks (and inspiring photography) to help guide you through your best year yet!
1. Dedicate one day per month to passion projects. Imagine, 1-11 hours or more, every month – towards goals that excite you.
2. Do something you’ve never done before.
3. Go somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit. A day trip up the coast? Perhaps, an African Safari?
4. Invest $100 or more toward something that helps improve your design projects and work flow.
5. Create a wishlist of 10-12 tasks/dreams/goals – you’d love to accomplish within the next 12 months. Put your list up on the fridge, or on your bathroom mirror.
6. Commit to learning something new. A weekend workshop? A new diploma?
7. Acknowledge your accomplishments. Reward yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back and reflect on all you’ve achieved up to this point.
8. Give back, share the wealth, and pay it forward. It’s easy to forget how lucky we are to know what we know.
9. Visualize your future – make a conscious effort each week (each day is even better), to picture your life a few years down the road … even just 6 months or 1 – 2 years, creates more clarity.
10. Accept who you are and find your uniqueness. Be the you, you were born to be!
11. Make an outrageous wish! One crazy and close to impossible wish. Imagine what would happen and how your life would look like, if this wish came true.
12. Be a tourist in your own town. Visit a museum or art gallery. Go sightseeing. Why not?
13. Turn your phone off for A WHOLE DAY. I dare ya …
14. Invest 5% more than you did last year.
15. Volunteer your time 5% more than you did last year. Imagine what the world would look like, if everybody cared just a little bit more.
16. Re-arrange all the furniture in at least one room of your house.
17. Create something for the future.
Written and edited by Jo Martinez.
To stay in touch with Jo, visit:
Take time to breathe, daily. Your tasks will still be here tomorrow, but you, may not…
Every day we are bombarded by work, requirements, obligations, social media, expectations, advertisements, and the list goes on and on and on.
The opposite of good health is what? Illness and sickness (heart attacks, strokes, and, and, and). Now, more so than ever, we really need to take time out – every day – even if only for five minutes.
By making room in our daily lives to just be for five to twenty minutes per day, by taking time to better ourselves, every day – results in extending our lifespan. We reduce stress levels, anxiety dissipates, we promote good health – all around, and believe it or not – we are better able to be there for others, too.
How does that saying go? “Take time to smell the roses…”
I read a post on facebook, which read something like this, “I’m not looking for my other half. I’m searching for the one that reminds me, I’m already whole.”
As soon as I read those words, it made complete sense to me. It was a resonation with my spirit and great reminder of why I’m currently single. Have I always been single? No. Have I been married? Yes. Have I experienced love? Yes. Have I experienced abuse? Yes.
And the answers to the above questions are exactly why I’ve taken the time, or rather, invested the time towards my own sanity and self-healing, specifically, with respect to relationships.
Having grown up around toxicity, experienced in abusive relationships, being taken advantage of, and spending my life trying to please those who will never understand… then, adding marriage and divorce to the list along my journey, had truly led me to a place where I really needed to take a step back. Sometimes, we need to go backwards in order to move forward. It became imperative for me to empty out my “emotional suitcase”, if ever I wanted to feel love, trust, and genuine sincerity ever again.
Why am I sharing this with you? Not too sure, really, other than I felt compelled to because of the constant abuse I see others go through.
The facebook post I read last night, reminded me of why I haven’t jumped into the next long-term relationship. Life is much too precious and magical to settle for anything less than what we are worth. We all deserve to feel good.
Cheers to anybody who makes the choice to step back and look within themselves to find their strength and empowerment. It’s not easy, though the rewards are worth every moment of the process and result.
Written and edited by Jo Martinez
Today is December 25, 2012
To many, ’tis Christmas Day
To others, ’tis 4 days after the “World as we know it” was “supposed” to happen
To some, ’tis a lonely time
To me, ’tis a day where we give more than we receive (though we should always), ’tis a day to be unconditional in all our affairs, ’tis a day of gracious gratitude
Today, ’tis the day, where we celebrate the one year anniversary of this blog!
Happy December 25, 2012
Welcome to a world of new beginnings, unexplored territories, and dimensions that might even boggle the mind.
May you all live each moment like it may be the last.
Lots of love and laughter,
At this very moment, as I sit here and write, please note that the current date is now December 21,2012, and the current time is at this very moment, how very eerie is this now, the time is 12:21 am PST on 12212012. Perhaps, the prediction was off by 200 years?